Thursday, June 20, 2013

How to find your identity through shopping! Making a Legacy

photo credit

I felt a special kinship with this author's search for identity in the material world.  It took me a long time of experimental frivolity and blatant foolish spending for the sake of fitting in to realize that it wasn't me I was pleasing.  Those old vices like envy, pride, vanity, selfishness, maybe even a little conceitedness pop up when we try to make ourselves something we aren't.  Now that I'm well into my 40's I feel more confident with my buying and not-buying: truly it's ok to not buy, repurpose, reuse, or again just not buy AT ALL.  That is my new mantra chez Moss- is it a necessary purchase?!

I hope you enjoy Brenda from Recovered Identity as much as I did.  I know I'll be returning to glean from her wisdom and the legacy she is producing.

In harmony,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment