Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cleaning your Face- using Oil on Oil

photo credit

One of my goals for this year is to find natural products for my face and hair.  I have found a great shampoo system that works great for my hair ph balance.  I'll get to that in another post soon.  But I still haven't found a good natural conditioner.  Any tips?

But today's post is about face cleansing.  I don't have a picture of my teen (because she won't allow it) but her face has SO improved from this method.  And, we were using expensive sensitive care products and visits to the dermotologist who I really liked, but wasn't really vested in our total care (hence a 3 minute office visit gives you a clue).

So after a year of that and no real improvement, I scoured the internet.  I came up with this wonderful site, using oil on oil to cleanse your face.  Brilliant- if they can clean the mess up after Hurricane Katrina with oils, we can do it on our faces here.

My teen and I have been using castor oil and jojoba oil.  I have a case of mother's mask which has mottled one side of my face.  It's slightly diminished with the oils and my skin acne has improved.  My daughter's acne has greatly improved- more that 75%.  That little bit we're still trying other natural ways to see what else her sensitive skin needs.

It's an uphill battle for moms to try and get their teen to even accept doing a skincare regimine but this one has been a success for us.

We bought our jojoba through amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment