Have you been thinking about donating to charities or food banks for the holidays? My family and I always do this time of year. We usually donate time at our church's nativity festival, help at Momma's Hands, and do a family service project. Sometimes our family service project is in secret and other times we can't be incognito because of the nature of the service.
Here are some of our past family service projects during the holidays:
1. Vacuum/clean out car for a busy mom
2. Make blankets for a women's shelter
3. Donate money to the food bank
4. Pick a name off of giving tree and buys gifts
5. Bought a Christmas tree and delivered secretly to family in need
This year we don't know what we are going to do. This year we'll need to do more of the free route- meaning giving of our time. I really enjoyed this blog's direction of giving and donating at this time of year.
If you have suggestions on what our family should do this year for our family, please leave a comment.
p.s. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours tomorrow