Friday, October 18, 2013

What are essential oils and how do they work?



Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, and flowers of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant, eliciting profound emotional responses. Yet the use of essential oils goes well beyond their fragrant appeal. Used throughout history for their 
medicinal and therapeutic benefits, essential oils can be used as natural alternatives in holistic self-care practices. Their unique chemistry allows them to be used aromatically and applied topically to the skin, while other essential oils can be used as dietary aids to promote vitality and well being.

Here are a few personal experiences:  my daughter had chronic walking pneumonia.  Since using On Guard, she hasn't gotten that deep, rumbly cough that scares a mom to death.  Yes, she still gets colds, but they don't last for 2 months, yahoo!

Every morning I put LLP (lavender, lemon, peppermint) from a roller bottle on the back of my neck for allergies.  It helps me not only feel good, gives me energy, and keeps my allergies at bay.  If people are sensitive to oils, they'll walk by and say "what is that good smell?  It's not perfume; it's better.  It smells happy."  I carry sample sizes with me, then I put the oils on them and they experience the same feeling.  Anything that is natural and makes me and people I meet feel good, I believe in.  It's uplifting.

I like Doterra oils.  Let me know if you would like more information to help healing yourself and your family. I love talking about them, as I am still learning about their many uses.  Just today, I was substituting in an elementary class and I gave a little mini-'smelling' lesson on oils because the teacher's aid and students wanted to learn about why I smelled so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment