Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Time Out for Women

Me with Jen Payne at Time Out for Women

Time out for Women is where it's at...for women, of course.  There were a few brave men there, and really, I have to say, they need a Time Out for Men too.  Lots of good life lessons and hope and inspiring talks.  Some of our presenters were men who were in touch with both sides of their emotions while being very manly.

My favorite was Richie Norton who has written this book that is making it's way to my door in a few days. We were able to browse through the many books for sale by other presenters and I spent a good 15 minutes 'speed reading' through his- I think I made it to about chapter 4 (sh! don't tell).  So with that intro, I already know from his presentation and the four chapters I digested that he is onto real advice.

His book,  The Power of Starting Something Stupid: How to Crush Fear, Make Dreams Happen, and Live without Regret, though it's a long title, needs to have this long title.  Each word addresses all that he talks about- starting to live a real life with action and don't worry how stupid things look- just do it because deep down inside you are trying to do your best and make a positive impact.

After last weekend, if you see me do stupid things, just say "Bless her heart, I know she's trying to do her best!"  and love me, hug me, and maybe say a prayer for me.  Life isn't meant to be lived in a chair, sitting down.  

Now that "my" time-out is over, and I'm back to 'mom' duties, I'm 'in it to win it' and make my dreams happen.

Check out his book and tell me what you think?!

In harmony,

Leslie

2 comments:

  1. I loved his talk! I especially liked when he said don't let fear of looking stupid stop you from putting yourself out there and making your dreams come true. I do that! and I need to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'm committed to being 'stupid' and learning from there. I can't wait to read his book.

    ReplyDelete