Saturday, August 10, 2013

Garden 2013- August Report

 
 
I'm tickled with this year's garden.  It just keeps going strong with gusto.
 
Here is what I have harvested so far:
 
radishes
 
carrots
 
green beans
 
green onions
 
snap peas
 
kale
 
spinach
 
 
3 kinds of lettuce
 
beets
 
rhubarb
 
 
We didn't buy lettuce at the store for over 2 1/2 months.  I'm sad the lettuce is over, but I'm going to try planting a new crop next week.  My pumpkins and tomatoes don't look like they are going to make it (sadness).  We always grow our own pumpkins, so a little disappointment here!
 
My cucumbers seem like they've been in a holding pattern for a month so we'll see how they do.  Any tips?  How is your garden thriving this year.  From the word on the street, it's a great year for garden produce!
 
 
In harmony,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment