Friday, May 3, 2013

Legacy- graduating from College



Normally I wouldn't think of graduating from college as a legacy, but I started thinking about it closely.  Not everyone graduates from college- some people do fine in life without school.  But it sure helps out these days to have a diploma, high school and college.  So, if both sides of your family haven't gone to college then you graduate from college, then your children start graduating from college... that is the makings of a Legacy.

I'm am proud of the accomplishments of my recent university graduate, Eden.  We attended her general and school of Family Studies ceremonies.  Both of these occasions were stellar- the speakers, the music, the graduates, all the whoops from families of graduates.  The atmosphere was electric.  I teared up a few times.

The best legacy of all is that my daughter appreciates her education and is still working hard to further her education. I remember those days as a teen when I would say "I can't wait until I'm done with school".  Little did I know then that life is school and to appreciate it, learn from it, and roll with the good and bad is much easier than kicking against it all the time.

Congratulations Eden!  You deserve a bright future, my dear!


No comments:

Post a Comment