Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hors D'oeuvres- in other words- Fancy Food


photo by SMW


Hors D'oeuvres literally means 'apart from the main work' or separate from the main course, if you're talking about food.  That's fancy talk for yummy little bites that come before the main course- whatever that main course might be!

My friend Dawn and I were asked to put a little food reception together for a speaker that was coming to town.  We decided on finger foods that were pleasing to the eye and easy to handle.  The above picture is one of the yummy bites we had on the menu.  So easy:  fresh mozzarella cut in cubes, fresh basil, and cherry tomatoes- all skewered.  Yummy! 

Wish I'd had time to snap more pictures but we were working under pressure to get things done fast!

I won't tempt you while I describe all the other yums we had.  Next time I'll be better at delegating chopping and filling tasks so I can go snap pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment