Monday, March 4, 2013

Arlington Basketball


I am a sports fan, but I would rather play sports.  Many of my friends and acquaintances are a little shocked when they hear this.  I'm not sure if it's the love handles that I sport or my motherly appearance, but they can't wrap their head around that I used to be good at sports.  I played basketball and varsity volleyball through high school. Our volleyball team went to State twice- I remember how we cried the year we lost.


So I understand the feelings of exuberance about going to State- which is what the Arlington High School boys AND girls team did last weekend.  My daughter played on the freshman team this year, and it made rooting for the varsity team all the more exciting- especially since a couple of my former piano students were on the team.  Wahoo!


Very proud of the Arlington teams: girls came out with 2nd in state and the boys 5th.  What a great weekend for Arlington!

No comments:

Post a Comment